Do you see how young they all look?? My favorites at the beginning were of course John Carter (Noah Wylie) and Doug Ross (George Clooney). I liked Dr. Benton, but his character was a bit of a jerk, though we grew to love him. Dr. Mark Greene was awesome in a sweet, goofy way, we all knew him from Top Gun (Goose).
Some memorable highlights from ER through the years:
- a crazy patient takes over the ER and kills and intern (Lucy; played by Kellie Martin) and almost Dr. Carter. Season 5.
Luka Kovac joins the cast... ooh la la... played by Goran Visnjic. Love me some Luka! Season 6.
- Carter and Abby get involved in drugs and alcohol struggles. Season 7.
- Dr. Greene gets married and discovers he has a brain tumor. Season 7.
- Dr. Greg Pratt played by the hunky Mekhi Phifer joins the cast. and the worst part of this season was losing Dr. Greene! :( Season 8
- Some of the cast, Carter, Pratt and Kem (Carters' wife) go to Darfur, really heartbreaking shows. Season 9
- One of the most memorable episodes of Season 10 was when Dr. Romano gets killed by a helicopter falling off the roof and ont him in the ambulance bay! He was a jerk, so no one really cared, except the special effects were awesome!!
- Dr. Carter and wife finally have a baby only for it to be stillborn. Really sad shows in Season 11.
- Then.... my man... John Stamos joins the cast as Dr. Tony gates!! Season 12 but Gallant dies in Iraq.
- Season 13 - Sam and her son get kidnapped by her ex and Sam ends up killing him when he's asleep. Abby and Luka have a baby, Joe.
- Dr. Moretti (Stanley Tucci) joins the cast, but doesn't last long... I liked his character! Season 14
- Dr Pratt dies in an explosion in the ambulance bay. Hated to see him go. Season 15.
Now to Thursday night, John Carter showed up a few weeks ago and we discovered he needs a kidney transplant. He is admitted to Northwestern where Dr. Benton works, so we get to see him for the first time in 7 years. Then forward to the hospital where Neela and Sam are retrieiving organs, and there are Doug and Carol! They have been married and working in a hospital in Seattle (wonder if they know McDreamy?) since 2000. I read on the official ER site that they ordered 3 more episodes and it will make the FINAL show ever of ER to air on April 2nd. WAAAHHH!! Thank goodness I have plenty of shows to watch on Thursday night, but I will really miss ER.