Friday, November 18, 2011

Hello, it's been a while....

Seriously? Last August? I have been SO bad about blogging! I really missed it, so I hope I'm back to some regular posting! So much has happened since last year, and I probably can't remember it all! Highlights... last post Trey was going in 6th grade, now he's in 7th. Time flies! He's also 12, not too far from being a teenager, scary....

Nick and I went on our first cruise, and it was our first vacation in 17 years, not including weekends camping or things like that! It was awesome, perfect, dreamy and I wish we were still there, we'll go again soon for sure. First we have to take Trey on a vacation.
We stopped in Cozumel and it was gorgeous. I could live there!
 We had a Segway and Snorkeling tour planned ad went to the meeting spot at a really nice resort where I took this pic and lots more.


 We started getting worried when no one else showed up, it was just us. But, it worked out perfect, we had our two guides all to ourselves! One led us on the segways to a private beach club about 8-10 miles down the island, the other followed in the truck with our snorkel gear and water. It was amazing! The guide, Bob, was awesome, what a job this guy has!








 I would go back and do the same tour with the same guys again tomorrow!


As for the drama that was our townhouse.... it is gone, they bulldozed them about June or so. We did get some money from their insurance, but not nearly enough!

We celebrated our 17th anniversary in September, that is a miracle in itself, there were times over this past year I didn't think we'd make it through. It was a hard, stressful tough year and surely they can only get better! Remembering this: 1 Corinthians 13:13; And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. One reason it's better is Nick isn't selling cars at "that place" anymore, he's actually home some now. He was gone so much that was a main problem, I felt like a single parent and he was missing out on alot around here. We have been having lots of time together and it's awesome! He's working with Kevin building pools, so he's in shorts and tshirts mostly not dress clothes, and he's here.... that's the best part.

I haven't gotten together with my girls this year, but Jenn did come to visit! Of course we went to see Bon Jovi!! Spent a day at the beach and The Spot, and an evening with Jon! Good times!

Well, that's all I got right now, hope to be back soon!
kris

1 comment:

ruth said...

Oh Kris, I've missed your posts. Wow, it has been quite a year. Thank you Lord that your little family is doing well and that you got an awesome vacay with the hubby!!!

I can't believe how grown up Trey looks. Wow!!!

Big hugs girl!!! Miss you!!